The Big Birthday.... 30!

Another year of my life has passed, this time, I started a brand spanking new decade. I hit the big 3-0.  I have to be totally honest, the number was freaking me out for months before it arrived. I could barely mentally and emotionally handle the idea of turning 30. What exactly happened to my 20s and what in the world did I do with them?  It's been just over a week now since my birthday and I had the time to think about things, why I was freaked out, what is to come in this next decade and just to take a moment to reflect. I'm still not feeling great about the number but I am feeling great about the things I did achieve, the friendships that I've maintained and made in my 20s. The family that's grown around me over the last decade, and how much more I appreciate them now than I did 10 years ago.

Everyone kept asking me if I enjoyed my birthday and honestly, I had a really fabulous time celebrating my 30th. Then it hit me.

Only a couple years ago, if someone told me that I'd spend my 30th birthday only doing fun physical activities, I would have had a good laugh and told them they were crazy and that they didn't know me at all. In the back half of my 20s, I really changed a major part of my life and I used this blog, and your support to get me through it. So I had a little chuckle to myself that I decided that the first thing I would do on my 30th was run a 5k. I guess that's who I've become.

So, with that, I thought I'd share some photos from my 30th celebration. A few of us started the day  running Colour Me Rad. It's become a 5k staple in my life, the first I ever ran a few years ago, and one I still enjoy for the fun of it.  After the race, we went home and got cleaned up and then off to Bowlerama for an 80s themed bowling extravaganza! I had such a  fun time and thought that it was worth blogging about because well, it's partly about the transformation I made.  The woman I was just only a few short years ago, wouldn't have started her next decade off this way and I have to say, I'm glad I became the person I am today and left the old me behind a couple years ago.

So is 30 so bad? I guess not! Even though the number still feels weird, to quote my dad and Jeff, the best things in life are yet to come and that makes this decade maybe the most exciting yet.




























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls