Nana's Carrot Cake

Last weekend I had a craving for Carrot Cake. Usually I buy it because I was too intimidated to actually bake it but while flipping through the recipe book, sure enough the Carrot Cake was there. I decided, why not give it a try. Worst case is it turns out awful and I buy one at the store. 

Turns out this might be one of the most delicious Carrot Cakes I've ever had the pleasure of eating.  The icing is absolutely to die for (and yes, it might be packed with sugar) 

Now, you don't have to take my word for it's deliciousness as I did share it (because I couldn't eat an entire cake) and it came back with genuine rave reviews and sharing of the recipe. 

This is the Carrot Cake that made me like it in the first place and I see why. My nana had a way with cakes, and an even bigger talent when it came to icing (though I think her secret was don't be shy with the sugar!)  It's nice to know now that I can carry this on and I'm not longer intimidated by making it, I can do it in and it can turn out tasty and delicious. 

Another 10/10. Highly recommend taking some time to make this one! One recipe note, mine backed in 16 minutes. Might have been the shallow pan but definitely check your cake before the timer is up. 

Sam helps me with all my weekend baking now, I don't have to ask. He just willingly and happily comes over and asks to help me.  Today while we baked something else, he said it was his special baking time with Mommy. I love that. Hopefully when he's an adult he will make these same recipes and remember our time together when he was little. 



My little helper. 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

MyFitnessPal

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls