Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls




Lasagna rolls! Surprisingly low calorie and very delicious.  I have two photos above. One of when they were freshly rolled before they went in the freezer and the picture below it when they came out of the oven.  I don't like my lasagna too saucy so feel free to add more but here is the recipe:

  • 5 lasagna noodles, cooked (I used Catelli Smart)
  • 1/4 of a package of frozen spinach, thawed and completely drained
  • 1 Cup Ricotta Cheese
  • 1 egg
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • Mozzarella and Red Sauce to desired amount.
Cook the lasagna noodles. While the noodles are cooking, make your filling.  Mix ricotta, spinach and egg, salt and pepper together.  Drain noodles and lay out flat, make sure they are dry. Divide the filling among the 5 noodles.  Then roll.  At this point, I took them and put them in an airtight container and froze them.  To cook them, I took them out of the freezer, put sauce on them and put them in the oven in a pyrex dish for 35 minutes at 375*F.  Then I took them out, put mozzarella on top and put them back in the oven for an additional 5 minutes.  The rolls would likely only need about 20 minutes if they weren't frozen or if they had been thawed.

Recipe makes  5 rolls. The lasagna rolls before mozzarella and tomato sauce are 110 calories/roll. 2 or 3 rolls is more than enough to fill you up. These are a winner!

Recipe adapted from this recipe:
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/spinach-lasagna-rolls.html

Comments

  1. These look great Steph, I'll have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so making these! I love your blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're enjoying it! These really did turn out great and I think it's safe to say that they will become a staple in our home!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

MyFitnessPal