Light Sesame Chicken



Make this! So good!  Even Jeff who doesn't usually like this type of meal, really loved it. We will definitely make it again. I made a few adaptations to the recipe based on what I had available to me at home but I have linked the original recipe below if you want to see what I left out and add some of those back in.  I am not a huge quinoa fan so I made it with Thai jasmine rice instead which was a great substitution.

Ingredients:
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces (I bought the little chicken fingers (fresh) and cut them up because it's a lot easier.) 
  • Dash of salt and ground pepper
  • 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
  • 3 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
  • 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
  • 2 Tbsp. honey
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 tsp. cornstarch
  • 4 stems of sliced green onions
  • 2 tsp. sesame oil
  • 1 tsp. sesame seeds
Directions:
Heat up a frying pan and put your cut up chicken breast in it to cook. About 6-8 minutes on medium/high depending on your stove top. While the chicken is cooking, mix together the soy sauce, white wine vinegar, honey, garlic and cornstarch until well blended. Chop green onion.  When the chicken is cooked, add both the green onion and the mix to the chicken in the pan. Coat chicken. Stir in sesame oil and sesame seeds.  Serve with rice.

Calorie Count: 253 calories/serving (makes 3 servings) + Rice/Quinoa


Original Recipe:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls