Love - Hate Relationship with the holidays


I love the holiday season.  So much joy and love and happiness. I am a sucker for Christmas music too.  Last year, the holidays almost gave me a full on nervous breakdown since I was deep into my weight loss journey and so close to my goal.

This year, I've been trying to enjoy it more but you really don't quite grasp how many sweets there are for the taking, how much wine and other yummy alcoholic beverages are to be had and how many party appetizers end up in your stomach, until you are watching everything you eat.  Even though I've relaxed just a tiny bit, I still have to force myself to stop sometimes.  I've been trying to stick to logging in My Fitness Pal everyday (though, it's becoming more challenging now that I'm just maintaining) but I'm getting better and when I log days I skipped, I'm still within my limits which means I can manage my calories without the app now, it's really rewired my brain and taught me so much about how many calories are in different things.

The good news is I went shopping during this festive month and my pant size is the same. The scale is staying the same. Overall, I think I'm managing it alright.  I do however need to do a better job of getting to the gym. I need to really get motivated again on the exercise front. My eating habits have remained good and steady but, my exercise levels dropped off when it got cold. I just want to hibernate.  I'm thinking it's time to start up Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred again since it's 20 minutes a day and totally indoors.


With Christmas around the corner and having a little bit more free time, I hope to blog a little bit more often. I've been slacking on updating and sharing some great recipes I've tried. I will do better!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls