225 Days of Calorie Counting!

I can barely believe it. I meant to post when I hit the big 200 but,  I've been so busy that I haven't had the time to keep up on my blog. I apologize for totally slacking off with my posts.

So instead, I am blogging at 225 days! My thought over the last week or so has been "Can I actually do a full 365?" and I think I can and it might be a goal for me once I lose the last 10.  That doesn't mean I am going to actively keep losing, just keep myself in line.

When I started this 225 days ago I was given a number of calories to eat in order lose 1 pound per week. After losing 33 pounds obviously, they take calories away. Since day one, I have gone down 260 calories/day.  That is a heck of a lot of food.  The challenge lately is that the calories are definitely less than I feel like I can consume and some days leave me feeling hungry. My fix for that has been to increase my exercise, full well knowing it will slow my weight loss, but at least I'm healthy and full at the end of the day.

Another great things from this week... receiving a clean bill of health from my doctor.  I have always hated going to the doctor for my yearly physical. I'm lucky because I've never had a family doctor that made me feel bad for the way I am (or was) ... but still, it made my heart race. I used to hate getting on the scale and having all of that recorded.  It was pure torture.  This year, I was happy to get on the scale, no heart racing, no sadness... just get me on that scale and see what I've done! Even though I still weigh more than I'd like to, I was really proud to tell my doctor what I'd done and how I got there.  The nurse and the doctor were both incredibly impressed.  Turns out, since my last appointment a year ago, I've dropped 7 BMI points (wow!) and a whole bunch of weight.  I'm really healthy right now, it was great to hear. My doctor agrees with me that once I lose 43lbs I should go onto maintenance for a few months (or at least up my consumption to a half pound a week loss if I want to keep going) just to give my body a bit of a break. I agree with her 100% because mentally, I think I am going to need a break.

My goal for December is to not gain any weight. It's the Christmas season. There are treats all around. Of course I will eat them in moderation but I am not going to kill myself like I did at Thanksgiving to lose over the holidays instead of just maintain.  So my goal this month is to stick to my diet but as long as I don't gain, I will be happy. Any loss this month will be an added bonus!

It's December 1st so I feel like I can say this now, Happy Holidays everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls