The Holidays

The holidays for me were very busy this year and full of really delicious food!

I jokingly posted this photo on Instagram on Christmas Day with the caption "Where my diet goes to die..."


The truth is even though I really wanted to enjoy sweets that night, I was so full! I made up a plate of food honestly no different than Christmas last year.  I got through most of it and by the time it got to dessert I could barely stomach it.  I was in actual pain from the amount I had eaten. 

I guess my stomach has done some shrinking over the last 8 months and even when I have the calorie space to allow for a little over consumption, my body just doesn't allow for it.  I actually felt full for a solid 12 hours after eating... that never happens. The good thing, I felt legitimately full for the first time in ages, the bad thing, I didn't pace myself well enough and ended up being overly full and didn't fully get to enjoy the sweets the way I wanted to. 

I also admit that I went over my calorie limit by 350 on Christmas Day (though I was under by about 700 the day before from exercise so, I broke even!) I felt really guilty. It is the most I've been over the entire time I've been food journaling.  I know I shouldn't feel guilty and it kind of worries me that I do but at the same time, it really does make me think that I can continue to keep up this healthy lifestyle once I'm done being "actively on the program" because I've retrained the way I think and the way I act and I have control over my cravings and impulsive behaviours. 

After two days of little exercise (Thought, I do count 3 hours of Boxing Day shopping as some!) I am going to hit the gym tonight and get back on track.  That is, until New Years Eve when I know once again I will likely fail my calorie counter.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas filled with family and friends and I hope you treated yourselves to a few extra fixings too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls