Light Buffalo Chicken Dip




mmmm mmmmm good.  I had some friends over this past weekend and decided that I wanted to try something new. I had a few friends recommend different buffalo chicken dips and so I decided to give the one from SkinnyTaste a try as the recipes on that site are always diet friendly.

I only made one substitution because I am not a fan of blue cheese in anything, so I used a ranch salad dressing instead.  I had seen that listed on other websites as a good substitute for blue cheese in recipes and it worked!  The dip was delicious and this is how I made it:

Ingredients:
  • 125g of light cream cheese (1/2 a brick)
  • 1 cup light sour cream
  • 1/2 cup Franks Red Hot original hot sauce
  • 1/2 cup light ranch salad dressing
  • 1 tsp white wine vinegar
  • 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (about 400g, 2 large breasts) 
Blend the first five ingredients together until smooth (I threw everything into my KitchenAid mixer to make it nice and easy, and smooth!) Add the shredded chicken to the liquid blend and then put it all into the slow cooker for 3 hours on low.

Calorie count: 101 calories per 1/3 of a cup.  This dip obviously has a little bit of bite due to the Frank's hot sauce but it is definitely not overwhelming.

I served it with pita but you could also serve it with veggies or nacho chips.
 
Original Recipe can be found at:
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/lighter-buffalo-chicken-dip.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls