Summer Salad



 Summer Salad

Summer is the best time for fresh foods, and one of my favourites, corn on the cob, is so delicious right now.  I made this up after looking at a few different recipes and I wasn't entirely satisfied with any of them so, I did a little mix and match and came up with my own.

Ingredients:
1 can chickpeas
1 pint/container of grape tomatoes
4 ears of corn, cooked
1 medium red pepper
Juice of 1 lemon 
1 tbsp of Oil (Extra Virgin Olive or Vegetable, whichever you prefer) 
Fresh mint to taste (I used about 3 tbsp worth)

Directions:
Bring water to a boil and cook the corn. While it's cooking, chop up the red pepper and cut the grape tomatoes in half, put in a bowl. Take corn off, put in a bowl of cold water to cool.  Drain chickpeas and rinse, add to the mix.  Squeeze lemon juice from lemon, set aside. Cut the corn off the cob, add to the mix. Add chopped mint. Pour lemon juice and oil over the mixture and toss.  Let sit in the fridge to cool. Enjoy! This makes about 6 cups.  

Calorie count: 105 per half cup.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls