The Treadmill Desk

I was reading Chatelaine magazine this week and came across what at first I thought was a joke, and then discovered was real - the treadmill desk!



Yup, that's a desk with a treadmill attached.  I laughed a little and then thought to myself "This would actually be really useful!" More days than I can count, I am chained to my desk, a slave to my computer and phone. I think "I really wish I could get outside for a walk." Or I get a burst of energy around 3pm that I can't use which ultimately turns into some kind of sugar crash by 4pm. This would honestly solve my problem. I could walk and get my work done. Think about all the extra calories I would burn not to mention the added benefit of not sitting down all day, being sedentary and they do say you think better on your feet.

I've never actually seen one and tried it out so it could be completely bogus but, I think the concept is intriguing. I think every office should have a station of these at the office so you could sign up for and use for a little bit everyday.

So, if your office had one, would you use it? I most certainly would!

You can read the article at:
http://www.chatelaine.com/health/fitness/treadmill-desk/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls