The questions I'm always asked

I've decided to compile the questions I'm asked the most and answer them for you all here. Put it all down in one place!

So here it goes...

Do you still eat bread?
Yup, I'm asked this one a lot. I do eat bread, I love bread. If the lifestyle change had me give up bread, I honestly would have never kept with it. My favourite bread is rye, can't get enough. Pasta too, love a nice big bowl of it! Who are we kidding, I love carbs.

Do you still eat desserts? 
I guess this is one I should expect. Sure do! Of course, all in moderation but ice cream is my favourite food. I guess I inherited that from my mom.  I've never given it up but, I have changed the kind of ice cream I buy. For example, the PC Chocolate Yogurt is 90 cals/half cup with lower fat content than the creamy Breyer's chocolate which comes in at 130 cals/half up.

Do you feel healthier?
I guess so? It's hard to say. I am most definitely healthier but it's not a dramatic change for me. It took a long time to lose the weight which means I didn't notice that one day I was out of breath and the next I wasn't. I can say that stairs don't wind me anymore and neither does a long walk outside. Oh and dancing at my best friends wedding last weekend was a lot of fun and not exhausting. I did say to Jeff "Tonight, I have so much energy. I feel my weight loss"

Your husband must be so happy with the transformation! 
This isn't so much of a question, more of a statement but, people are always looking for me to agree. Sure, of course he's happy. He did marry me though, 56lbs heavier and loved me that way too.  I think it's the one statement that has bugged me the most. We are both happy that I'm healthier and sure, I look a lot better and we are happy about that too but I don't like the implication that he must have been unhappy with how I looked before. Sure, I wasn't perfect but, he thought I was beautiful no matter what.

Do you exercise everyday?
I don't. I should exercise more but, I don't. The most I exercised in a week during the most intense part of this process was 4 days a week. That said, I do try to make sure to get 30 minutes of walking in per day so that I at least get moving a little bit.

Are you still losing weight?
People say I continue to look smaller. I haven't lost a pound since April or May.  I am watching what I eat, exercising when I can, but I'm way less intense. I haven't gained any back and all my clothes fit so, it was a win-win kind of summer. I'd like to lose another 10lbs but I need to get myself into the intense exercise mind set again more than the calorie deficit mindset. I'm not quite there yet. Soon!

Are you still calorie counting?
Yes, most days I do but I'm not doing it 7 days a week anymore. Some days I'm too busy and I think that's okay. It's been working this way for a couple of months now and I think I'm doing alright managing it. I'm doing my best to get back into it this fall but, missing a day here and there won't break me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls