Southwestern Stuffed Peppers


Southwestern Stuffed Peppers!
I absolutely love stuffed peppers so I thought I'd give this recipe a try.  I changed it a little bit because of what I could find at my grocery store.  Here is how I made them. So delicious!  The recipe says it stuffs 4 peppers (8 when they are split in two) but honestly, they stuff 6 (12) peppers in total. It's a lot of mixture.

Ingredients:
250 grams extra lean ground beef
1 small jar of salsa 
1 cup of rice (dry, it will make 2 cups of cooked rice)
1/2 can of black beans
3/4 cups of frozen corn
1/3 cup of onion
1/2 cup of shredded old cheddar and mozzarella mix
1 tbsp Taco Seasoning (I used Old El Paso)
Salt and pepper to taste.

Directions:  Prep the peppers, cut in half and clean out the seeds. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Put them in a pan lined with foil. Cook ground beef once slightly browned, add onion and cook both through. While cooking that, boil water and make the rice. Add the corn, taco seasoning and the black beans to the cooked onion and meat mix. Once rice is cooked add it to the mix as well as the jar of salsa. Stuff each half of the peppers and put them in the oven for 20 minutes.  Once the 20 minutes is up, put cheese on top of each one and put them back in the oven for an additional 5 minutes. Serve!

Calories: 156/half pepper (or 312 calories per pepper if you don't cut them in half)

Original Recipe:
http://simplylovefood.blog.com/2012/02/25/southwestern-stuffed-peppers/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls