Lemon Kale Ricotta Dip!

Lemon Kale Ricotta Dip!

I really don't like kale. At all. I find it bitter and awful and I have a really hard time with it. It has to be well hidden in some other food. Honestly, I've tried. One friend almost turned the ship around with her kale chips but, I just can't get into it.  This week our iron chef ingredient was kale and I wasn't sure if I was just going to skip it but decided to suck it up.

I found a recipe for Lemon Kale Ricotta dip. I love lemon, I love ricotta, maybe it would be enough to cover up the taste of the kale?  Guess what? It is awesome!!! It is so tasty and so healthy. I can't get over just how good it is! I honestly give this recipe a 10/10. That's a lot coming from this kale hater.

I changed the recipe up a bit from the one I found online but, here is how I made it and as per usual, the original recipe can be found linked at the bottom.

Ingredients:

- 1 bunch of kale. Stems and tough ribs removed, sliced up.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 lemon (for the juice and the zest!) 
- 1/4 cup of red onion
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
In a large pan, combine the kale, garlic and onion. Add about a 1/4 cup of water to start. Cover and cook. Takes about 12 minutes.  Add water to the pot if it gets dry over the course of the cook time.  While cooking, zest lemon and measure out the ricotta. When it's cooked, put into the food processor and let cool for a couple of minutes. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, ricotta, salt and pepper.  Turn on the processor blend until you've got a nice dip. Voila! All done! Serve or put in the fridge to keep fresh.

Calories: 50 calories per 1/4 cup. This recipe makes roughly 2 cups of dip.

Original recipe:
http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/lemon-ricotta-kale-dip

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls