Where I'm at.. general update!

It's been a few weeks since I've really updated. Not much to report honestly. I've been maintaining my weight, not gaining, not losing.  I still want to lose another 4lbs but, it will happen when it happens.  I did debate going back to the more intense MyFitnessPal tracking but, I think for the summer anyway I will just stick to maintaining and exercising and if I happen to lose a couple pounds while I'm at it, great!

I've been getting back to the gym more and getting outside to run as well.  It's been really great to get moving again.  As I've mentioned, I didn't run much more than 3k all winter as the treadmill bores me but, I've been working my way back up to 5k.  I've successfully run two 5k's this week which is great. To be honest, I was a little concerned I was going to have trouble working myself back up to 5k after a winter hiatus.  The good news is I won't make a fool of myself at the Color Me Rad run in June. Just need to stick with it and make sure I run a 5k at least once a week.

I also want to get back to trying new recipes to share.  Our iron chef ingredient for the week is kale which I admit I am not the biggest fan of but in the spirit of iron chef, I'm giving it a try. I found a recipe for a kale/lemon/ricotta dip which I'm going to make tomorrow night. I'm hoping the lemon and the ricotta will cut the bitterness that I usually taste when I eat kale. Wish me luck!
Mighty Muscle May continues and my goodness are the planks hard. I get through the calf raises and the squats but then we get to the plank and I think sometimes I might seriously injure myself as my core muscles start to shake like crazy. My friends are working hard at it too, I'm hoping we all end up with some amazing results at the end of the month - we are already half way there!

I hope everyone is staying healthy and keeping active, the warmer weather definitely helps us all get outside and get moving again after a long winter hibernating!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls