Cupcakes and Updates!


I think it's important to treat ourselves every once in awhile, life is no fun without a little sugar treat!  This weekend, I decided to make a "decorate your own cupcake" bar when a few friends came over this weekend. It was a big hit and super delicious.  I think I will probably do this again (thanks to Pinterest for the idea!) I warmed up the vanilla icing in thee Little Dipper (mini crockpot), left the cupcakes plain and put out Smarties, gummy bears, chocolate sprinkles and rainbow sprinkles. They were almost completely gone by the end of the night.

As a side note, I also lost a pound this week. Not that it is any major accomplishment but it's been about 8 weeks since I've lost any weight. I've been maintaining and hovering around the same weight but, I finally broke it!  This means I've lost a total of 55lbs!  I'm eating about 1550 calories per day when I don't exercise (which means I should lose half a pound a week but, I'm not.) I eat more on my exercise days since I can.  The really interesting thing is that I ate out a ton this week, didn't get as much exercise as I wanted to and haven't been feeling 100%, so it was a shock to me that I dropped that pound.

I missed my 5km run this weekend because I wasn't feeling great, only managed 2km. I need to get back out there this week and get my 5km in for the week. Maybe tomorrow night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls