Weight Training is important too!


When I first started taking this whole health and fitness thing seriously my brother would constantly remind me that I couldn't just keep doing cardio all the time, I needed to get some lifting in too. It didn't need to be heavy lifting but, enough to challenge me. Often times I find that women shy away from weight lifting and stick to lots and lots of cardio.

In April, I was reminded just how important it is when I was working on toning my arms. Those results don't come from running or biking but from weight lifting. It also came from using my own body weight for resistance. It didn't make me bulk up, just toned. I know a lot of women are fearful of weight lifting because they think it will make them bigger. I can't say this has been the case for me at all.  Trust me, I was so concerned I was going to end up with bigger thighs! The other great thing is your body burns calories for longer after you work out when lifting weights (thanks for that tidbit Josh!) so that's a bonus as it helps boost your metabolism. All of us losing weight most definitely want to jump start that!

So ladies, go out and lift some weights. It's not going to make you a body builder or make you huge All it's going to do is boost your metabolism, help you tone and make you nice and strong. You'll see results!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls