30 Day Shred: Days 26-30 (I'm done!!)

I'm DONE! Whoooo!  Keep reading for how this week went plus my overall thoughts on this exercise program.


  Inches Lost though Days 26 - 30 
Hips: 1 inch  (total lost: 2 inchs)
Waist: 1 inch (total lost: 2 inchs )
Bust: no change  (total lost: 1.25 inchs )
Bicep: no change (total lost: 1 inch )
Thigh: 1 inch (total lost: 3 inches )

 ...Level 3 Continues and I finish the program...

Day 26: I am bored. Yup, it took 26 days but I am bored. I'm almost done though. I push myself during the workout and I don't slack off but, I don't look forward to the workout anymore.  Oh and the sit ups are starting to hurt my neck a bit (they always have..) so, I did half sit ups, half crunches during that ab circuit tonight. My neck feels 100x better.

Day 27: Today was a struggle. My energy levels aren't where they usually are today and it really really effects doing the shred. Each move feels like death when you have no energy.  I think this one might have count the most because I really just wanted to quit half way through!

**Away for the weekend, missed two days!**

Day 28: How difficult it really is to get back into this.  Another day done. Another day closer to saying I completed the program. (I still hate scissor crunches!!)

Day 29: For some reason my legs were killing me tonight which made the whole workout so much more difficult to push through.  I am so glad I am almost done with scissor crunches forever... well... at least for a little while.

DAY 30 (!!!): Nothing like knowing your about to finish something to give you an extra burst of energy and the determination to get it done!  I even stopped swearing at scissor crunches just for today. I'm so proud of myself for finishing this because these last 5 days have been a real challenge to keep going.

Overall thoughts on this exercise program:
In terms of inches lost, I dropped quite a few during this program, especially on my thighs. No surprise though as this workout is full of squats and lunges. 

The two zones that are 100x better are my stomach/core and my upper arms.  Even though I only lost 1 inch on my arms, I have pretty nice biceps now and this program blasted a lot of the fat that I've had a hard time getting rid of. The fat is not gone 100% in either area but the change is significant (I did this without following their 1200 calorie/day diet plan, I just continued with the diet I've been on.)

I think the concept of an intense 20 minute work out is fabulous.  The only thing I wish is that there were more levels. 10 days of doing the exact same work out is really repetitive and boring - for me anyway.   I can see how people quit from the monotony of it. 

I will probably continue to use this video moving forward on days I can't get to the gym or something of that nature.  I won't be using it everyday.  I do applaud Jillian Michaels for making such a high intensity, sweat filled, difficult home work out video!

Even if you don't want to do the shred for 30 days solid like I did, there is something to be said for it being a great at home exercise program for whenever you can't get to the gym or need a quick burn.
Now, to attempt Jillian Michaels yoga meltdown workout... I will keep you posted on how that one treats me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls