Wouldn't it be nice?



The first time I read that some e-card I just about died laughing.  Wouldn't it be nice if you could open up the fridge and find things like perfect abs? Unfortunately it doesn't work that way!

This post is mainly about how even when your body changes, it doesn't necessarily mean mental you're adjusting at the same rate.  It's interesting how self conscious I've become recently.  Something I really don't think I've felt since swim units in high school phys ed.  I was almost always able to handle being overweight. I had a tough skin and I tried my best to not let it get to me when attention was brought to it.  With this weight loss people are constantly telling me how great I look and what a huge change it is. I know it's all coming from a good place and I appreciate the compliments but it's ended up making me really self conscious, just like grade 9. It's almost like I'm going through that awkward stage all over again. The weight loss is obvious and  I'm glad it is mainly because I've put in a heck of a lot of work. It's just that I am not at all used to the positivity feedback surrounding my physical appearance. Previous to this it was mainly my family and best friends who complimented me on and I have to admit, it feels weird!

I don't think I quite see myself the same way everyone else does. Yet.  Yes, most of my clothes are big on me and I notice that but when I look in the mirror I don't see the same dramatic change everyone else does.  I am aware that there has been a huge change but my mind hasn't adjusted to the loss the same way my body has.  Maybe feeling a little bit self conscious is part of it playing catch up but for now, it's a feeling that I will just deal with because there is nothing better than getting positive feedback for a job well done.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls