Flourless Banana Oat Muffins


Another diet killer - MUFFINS! They run anywhere from 250 - 500 calories depending on what kind of muffin it is, the size and where you buy them.  This means on a diet, a muffin is basically a meal which makes you cross it off the list. Yet another food I found I missed as an occasional breakfast.

I spent forever trying to find a low calorie muffin recipe that actually tasted good. Finally, I found one for flourless Banana Oat muffins.  Sure, they are a little bit more dense than regular muffins but they still taste great, they are healthy and most importantly, won't kill your calorie counting for the day. MFP Recipe Calculator has these at 128 calories/muffin.

I recommend eating them warm, much more delicious.

I originally had a link to the recipe but the blog it lived on seems to have been disabled, so here it is:

Ingredients:
2.5 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
3/4 cup Greek Yogurt (plain)
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
2 bananas

Directions: 
 Preheat oven to 350*F.  Combine wet ingredients - banana, egg, and yogurt until well blended.  Add baking soda and sugar.  Once that's blended, add oats. Divide into 12 muffins with cupcake liners. Place in the oven for about 12 minutes.  Every oven is different so it could be a little more or a little less, just use a knife to test it.  Enjoy! 



Comments

  1. I was just alerted to the fact this blog is no longer in existence. I do have the recipe and I will update it later today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls