I made it half way to my goal! 22.5 lbs lost!

The first thing I want to say today is thank you to everyone who is reading my blog. I never imagined people would actually read this and want learn a little bit about my journey.  So, with that said I thank you all for your support and for stopping by to read my daily ramblings. 

Now, about reaching my half way goal!

I weighed in this morning and I lost another 1.5 pounds this week. Yippee! This means I am officially past my half way mark. It's crazy to think now that I have less to lose than I've already lost. My weight loss goal is actually finally feeling like it is within reach!

This has been a very long journey, full of frustration and questioning whether or not all the difficulty is worth it but I can say now that it definitely is. Patience is everything. It was so easy to put the pounds off and takes so much work to take them off.  I've learned though that if you truly are committed to it, anything is possible. Every pound I lose gets me close to to being a healthier me.

22.5 pounds lost. 20.5 pounds to go. I'm so happy to see the higher number first, I feel like I can't wipe the smile off my face.

On Saturday, I had my very first positive jean shopping experience.  Shopping for jeans has always been nightmare-ish for me.  I've been putting it off since I started losing weight but without my staple  - jeans - in my closet I was feeling lost.  All my jeans are too big at this point.  This weekend I was at a store where pants just never fit me before and I saw some jeans on clearance so I grabbed a pair and tried them on. They fit like a dream. If they don't fit me in 6 weeks time that's fine because they didn't cost a lot but it did a ton for my self esteem buying pants from a store I've never been able to buy pants from before. In this case, the size of the pants really didn't matter. It was just such a liberating experience to walk over to a rack and be able to comfortably fit into the jeans.

Comments

  1. Yes! Awesome job Steph, I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I am so so so happy for you Steph :)

    (although you've always been beautiful - inside and out!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls