Skinny Lemon Strawberry Loaf



I have to share this recipe because it was such a hit.  It was a very delicious cake full of moisture and could be eaten without guilt 193 cals/serving! I was excited to make it mainly to use my brand new bundt pan. The majority of this cake was eaten by members of my family that are not on a diet, they loved it.

I had to make a few substitutes to make this a low calorie recipe that I could eat and they were as follows:

No Butter. I used light margarine instead.
Less sugar. I put in 1 cup instead of the two it calls for.
No sugar glaze. I didn't make the sugar glaze to put on top, and it tasted great without it.
Greek Yogurt.  Used as asked for, do not substitute with regular yogurt.

Making all these substitutions brought down the calorie/serving about 100 calories, which is quite a huge savings. The cake still tasted great, was moist and was sweet (It really doesn't need two cups of sugar!) If you don't like using sugar, I'm sure this would still work with Splenda as well.

I definitely recommend it and it is a nice sweet treat alone or with a scoop of your favourite ice cream!

The recipe can be found at:
http://aspicyperspective.com/2010/05/farmstand-fresh.html




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls