Starting Couch to 10K

September is upon us and with that, an earlier sunset and cooler evening temperatures.  I will admit, I have been slacking in the running department for a month or two because it's just been too hot. I refuse to run outside when its over 25*C and I can't say I am a huge fan of running on the treadmill at the gym - gets too boring for me!

Since I had already completed C25K I decided that it was time to start C210K.  Will I actually run 10k? Probably not but, I like being able to use the app on my phone to time the walk and run portion while I listen to my music.   If I happen to get up to 10k using this app, that would be a fantastic bonus.

So tonight when the sun set, I broke out my running clothes and got going.  I decided on starting C210K at week 5 because the first 4 weeks are basically the start of C25K so I skipped ahead and cheated a little ... but I think this kind of cheating is perfectly okay. Even though I don't love running, it was really nice to get outside and get moving.  Running on my own can be a really good time for me to think and clear my mind of things.  It is a calorie burning, sweaty, meditation. 

Let's hope I can stick to doing 3-4 runs a week on this program and work up my running stamina again.  I've learned that running is one of the easiest ways to burn a few hundred calories quickly after a long day at work.  I have to say I do enjoy it more than going to the gym but the gym is necessary to get some weight training in too. Hmmm... should probably get back to that as well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls