The changes I see...

Today's blog is going to be a few random thoughts. Nothing worth a blog of their own but still worth noting. I've talked a lot about the mental struggle and what I've done to change that part of it.  Aside from my before and after photos, I haven't written much on physical changes I've noticed.

When you see yourself everyday it's hard to see changes and to really notice them.  It's much more noticeable to people who see you less often. That said.... every once in awhile I will notice things changing.

First and foremost, I've always had a belly. I'm fairly certain in March I was getting to the point where people might have mistaken me for a newly pregnant woman on the subway (confession: that became a huge fear of mine right before I made this change!) I've noticed that my muffin top was slowly disappearing but that was about it.  While I was  getting changed to go for a run today I noticed the big difference. I wish I had a before picture but I was too upset with myself to take any honest photographs.  It's not perfect and it's not flat yet but, it's 100000x better than it was. Also my very first pair of lululemon's which I purchased years ago finally fit again (in this photo too!)


The second thing I noticed this past weekend. I have a noticeable collarbone. I know that is a really odd thing to see change but that hasn't really been a feature of mine. I can now distinctly see that I have one.

One final thing I've noticed. My face is thinning out.  I've had a horrible double chin for years, featured in so many photos. If you catch me at a bad angle I still have one but, for the most part you don't really see it as much.  I think once my face finishes thinning out I will generally feel better.  For me, it has to be my least favourite thing when I look in the mirror.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls