Kay's Banana Bran Muffins




Who knew my Nana's old cookbook would be a gold mine for low calorie delicious treats?  You already know about my love for muffins (and just how much I miss them!)  Well, while working my way through my Nana's cookbook I came across these muffins.  They taste delicious and they are a low calorie option.  This makes my stomach smile.

Kay's Banana Bran Muffins

2               Large Ripe Bananas
1 cup        Bran Flakes
1 cup        Flour
1/2 cup     Sugar (or substitute sweetener if you prefer)
1/3 cup     Calorie Reduced Margarine
1/2 tsp      Baking Powder
1/2 tsp      Baking Soda
1/2 tsp      Salt

Mash bananas. Add bran flakes.  Cream margarine and sugar with mixture. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Line your muffin tin with paper cups. Bake at 375*F for 15 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.

Calorie Count: 120 calories per muffin (and they taste oh so good!) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls