5lbs of Fat vs. 5lbs of Muscle


The yellow mass is 5lbs of fat.  The red mass is 5lbs of muscle. 

I have honestly been referring back to this photo time and time again since April.  I found it right at the beginning of my life overhaul.  I have lost 5 of those yellow masses off my body.  I honestly almost gag thinking about it. 

I can safely say that the majority of that came off my stomach and my bum. I'm fairly sure the next 5 are coming from my bust. I wish I could take it off my thighs but I guess the body decides where the fattiest parts are and starts there.  We cannot target where our weight loss comes from but wouldn't it be nice if we could?

At the end of the day, which one would you prefer to lose?  Getting active helps you get rid of one, not being active makes you lose the other.  It makes me feel awful and overjoyed to think I'll lose almost 9 of the fat model by the time I'm done.

So, next time you need a little motivation to get off the couch, think about how many pounds of that yellow stuff you're carrying around. It's enough to keep me moving!

Comments

  1. Yeah, it kind of makes me want to gag but, definitely makes you think about having that on your body!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls