Skinny Pesto Feta Dip

 

Another one of my creations from Saturday night!  All four of us liked it and I've got to say.... it doesn't taste low calorie at all.

This recipe I kind of made up myself.  It is a fusion of two different recipes morphed into one and luckily it turned out.

Recipe is as follows:

1/3       Cup Low Fat or Fat Free Sour Cream
1/3       Cup Light Crumbled Feta
1/3       Pesto (store bought or homemade, whatever you prefer. I used the Classico brand Pesto)
1 tbsp   Lemon Juice
Garlic powder to taste (I gave it a few shakes.)

Throw everything into a food processor or blender and blend. Take it out of the blender and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes just so the ingredients marry together and voila, you've got your dip!

34 calories/serving (per tablespoon)  As a comparison, hummus is a healthy low calorie snack and it is on average 30 - 40 calories per tablespoon serving depending on the brand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls