Nana's Special K Cookies



I have never been a big cookie eater but lately I've been craving cookies. Maybe because it's because it's one of the "you can't eat these" foods. Either way, I was looking at the cookie recipes I had to sort out which cookies would be best to make.

It turns out that my Nana's delicious Special K Cookie recipe is really quite low calorie! Most cookies are about 80 calories per cookie (such as Dad's Oatmeal Cookies or Presidents Choice Chocolate Chip.)

This cookie recipe is 45 calories per cookie and makes  about 30 cookies.  You could make bigger ones of course but these cookies are just a bit smaller than a Dad's Oatmeal Cookie once baked. The photo I posted isn't quite representative of size as I made myself mini versions and made my husband larger sized cookies.

The recipe is this:

1 Cup              All Purpose Flour
1 Cup              Special K Cereal
1/2 Cup           Calorie Reduced Margarine
1/2 Cup           Sugar
1 tsp                Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp             Salt
1                      Egg

** You will need an additional 2 cups of Special K Cereal required to roll the cookie dough in.**

Sift flour and salt together. Blend margarine and sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add egg, mix well. Stir in sifted dry ingredients and the 1 cup of Special K Cereal.

Roll a teaspoon of dough in additional 2 cups of Special K Cereal.  Place on baking sheet.  Bake in middle of oven for about 10 minutes at 375*F.

For the sweet tooth: If calories aren't that big of a deal to you, I would highly recommend adding 1/2 cup of butterscotch chips or 1/2 a cup chocolate chips, makes them even more delicious!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls