Caprese Chicken




Two of my best friends came over for dinner last night and I wanted to make something low calorie, delicious and pretty. I wanted to actually try something I pinned on Pinterest.  I decided to give Caprese Chicken a try.  It is delicious and it plates beautifully!

I made it as follows:

* Chicken Breast (150g)
* 1 slice of Tomato
*  1/5 of a Buffalo Mozzarella
* 2 Basil Leaves
* A splash of balsamic vinegar



Note: I did marinate the chicken in my own homemade balsamic mixture for 2 hours before dinner and then let it cook in it.  I also oven baked the chicken instead of BBQ because sadly we can't have a BBQ at our apartment. 

Calories: 304 (based on the above portions)

Here is a link to the recipe that inspired this creation but I did make changes based on my own personal tastes and to keep it lower calorie. I highly recommend it!

http://addapinch.com/cooking/2012/06/15/caprese-grilled-chicken-with-balsamic-reduction-recipe/





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls