Stuck in a Food Rut

Being on a low calorie diet really leaves you in a bit of a food rut after 6 months.  I was looking over my meals in my MFP diary and I eat the same things over and over because they are low calorie, taste fine and I've just gotten into a routine with it.  I must admit... I'm really bored by food lately.  Nothing really seems all that appetizing anymore.  I eat to fuel but not because I'm really enjoying it. We all know by now how much I used to love food! 


This rut has me inspired to do some cooking this weekend. Break the pattern. I've found a few recipes that I will be trying out and featuring here once I make them this weekend; so long as they taste good!  They are:

- Apple Pumpkin Soup
- Turkey Meatballs
- Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna Rolls

My hope is to start making healthy food that I can freeze and use as I need it. Keep my menu a little more varied.  For example, I can take some lasagna rolls out of the freezer after work and cook them easily, making my life just a little bit easier.  Same with soup and meatballs. Things that I normally wouldn't take the time to make after work but make healthy low calorie meals that will take me outside of my food routine.  Over the next month I hope to do a lot of this and I will then have a freezer full of food to choose from!

One great thing about MFP is that you can look at your friends diaries and get food ideas. That also helps me get ideas. I also know that other people I follow tend to get into patterns with what they eat too. I think it's only natural.  It's a habit I would however like to break, I would really like to start really enjoying food again and I think having different options available to me in my freezer will help .. or at least I hope it will!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls