Weight Loss Update & Other Things




It's been a challenging couple of weeks. I haven't posted much about it because I've been trying to get through it and I've been really busy (which was seen through my lack of blogging last week!) 

Thanks again to everyone for reading and following my journey. Thank you for the kind words you've sent me via email, Facebook, Twitter and in person.  Thank you for the compliments you've passed along through my family and friends.  It means a lot and helps me stay motivated and keep going.

I haven't posted any weight loss progress lately and there there are reasons for that.  A few things have happened.  One, I had my digital scale set wrong. It was not +/- 0lbs so it had me at a pound lighter than I actually was. This has now been corrected but, I'm trying to still drop that pound. On top of that, I gained half a pound the week of Thanksgiving.  I exercised a lot and controlled my food intake but I put on a little weight.  It was my first gain since I started this program. It had to happen eventually and I got really upset about it but half a pound, well, I can deal with that. My weigh-in was also the day after Thanksgiving (every Monday morning!)  This past week I had a girls weekend and I wasn't watching what I was eating quite as closely but still lost half a pound so I am determined to lose a pound this week and get back on track.  If I set my mind to it, it can be done. I just need to get over my disappointment that my progress has slowed down.

Since my weight loss appears to be plateauing, I'm going to have to be more disciplined then I already am.  I want to reach my goal as quickly as possible. I'm thinking that maybe I didn't realize that I got a bit lazy for a couple of weeks? Who knows. I am where I am. As you know I started 30 Day Shred and that is in part to mix up my work out routine, to see if that helps.

Another factor that I haven't really talked about is the progress I am making in body measurements.  Even if the weight isn't falling off at such a rapid pace my body shape is still changing.  So, before I started the shred I took all my measurements; Jillian Michaels promises inches and pounds lost by the time you complete it.  Based on when I took my measurements this past winter, I have lost 4 inches on my hips, and 4 inches on my waist. I'm also measuring my thighs and upper arms now as well but I don't have any previous measurements for that so I will only be able to see the change moving forward. I am thinking in this last bit of my journey I need to find as many positives as I can so I don't give up short of my goal.

I will of course blog about how things are going moving forward and I hope that by new years I'm pretty close to my goal! I'd like to say goodbye to 2012 with as close to a 43lb loss as I can manage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls