30 Day Shred

I'm getting bored with my workout routine lately. Go to the gym, hop on the treadmill or elliptical and then do either chest, back or leg weight lifting.  Throw in a little core on days I'm at the gym longer.  It's becoming really routine.  So, with that I am going to add the 30 Day Shred into the mix. I'm also tired of the exercise I'm doing slowing down my weight loss (I know I know, it's the healthier thing to do and I haven't stopped exercising!) This shred is supposed to boost weight loss. I figure it's worth a shot.

A few friends of mine have decided to start the 30 day shred. After some contemplating about whether or not I had enough room in my apartment to actually do the workout I've decided to try it! I got my hands on Levels 1, 2 and 3 and I'm ready. I need to remember to take my measurements too because apparently those that didn't lose a ton of weight ended up losing quite a few inches.

From what I've read, you spend 10 days on each level and if you do the program while watching what you eat (which I'm already doing) you lose about 10lbs in a month.  30 minutes a day, for 30 days. I think it's feasible but I'm sure since it's Jillian Michaels it is going to kick my butt. It won't be as easy as it looked when I watched the first 10 minutes of the video to see what I was getting into.

I'm starting this weekend, psyching myself up for it this week!  I will post weekly updates on how the shred is going, the pros and cons and whether or not it's worth giving it a shot. You don't need much... a bit of open space and some 3lb or 5lb weights if you have them (or, you could use a couple of water bottles!)

It gets great reviews online and I haven't heard a bad thing about it from anyone, so let's see if all the positive reviews of this program are true. Wish me luck!


Have any of you given it a try? What do you think?


Comments

  1. Now that you've mentioned it, I will be attempting. I am struggling to loose 50lbs I gained from my last son. Pretty depressed right now as nothing fits. So here I go. 30 days shred!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely a good jump start and it really works well. Give it a try and see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls