Trick or Treat



The dieters nightmare. Halloween.  So many tiny candies and chocolates tempting you. How can they be bad for you when they are so small? It's not like you're eating a whole chocolate bar, right? If only it worked that way!

I have (mostly) kept them out of my apartment this month because it causes too much temptation.  Actually, I haven't indulged in a little teeny tiny bit of Halloween chocolate since the bags and boxes of them arrived in store.

Now, they aren't all that bad when it comes to treats. They are actually fairly good if you're on a diet and you can stick to just having one (or two!) Most of them range from 45 - 60 calories per snack sized piece and will give you your chocolate fix.  I fully intend on buying a big box of them on clearance this week as retailers try to rid themselves of all the sugar. I actually wish they had little snack sized variety boxes of candy all year.  I don't actually need (or want) full size chocolate bars anymore, but a little taste or a bite? Absolutely. One snack sized piece is enough to deal with my chocolate cravings when I have them. This lifestyle change for me isn't about getting rid of food, it's about enjoying food in moderation. If it wasn't, I would have failed a long time ago.

Tonight I fully intend on allowing myself a snack size piece of chocolate when I hand out candy to the kids. After all, I need to enjoy Halloween too!

Happy Halloween everyone! Stay safe and enjoy the sugar high!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls