30 Day Shred: Days 1 - 5

Inches Lost through Days 1 -5:
Hips: 0.5 inches
Waist: 0.5 inches
Bust: No change
Bicep: 1 inch
Thigh:  No change



A promised, here is an update on how the 30 Day Shred is going. I will say that at this point I feel like Jillian Michaels is the devil in a human body. Seriously. The number of times I yell at the workout video is a bit hilarious.  She really does believe the quotation posted in the image above!

Day 1:  I didn't find it too bad. It was hard, I was sweating but I made it through without any cheating.  I thought "I can do this!"

Day 2: I woke up so so (SO!!!) sore. Literally from head to toe.  I guess this proves that her workout is in fact a whole body workout.  The worst pain was in my thighs. My calves were really tight.  It pained me to type all day at work because my arms were exhausted.  I didn't know how I would do the workout again.  I went home and I did the shred though.  Day 2 was definitely harder because all my muscles were yelling at me during the entire workout.

Day 3: Definitely not as much body pain today, yay! The only lingering pain is in my glutes and arms. I can deal with that.  In terms of the work out itself, I was feeling almost as good as day 1. That said my leg muscles are so tight that it made some of the cardio exercises quite painful (mainly the jump rope move) I got through it though and worked up quite a sweat!

Day 4: Best work out yet!  I didn't swear at the Jillian Michaels video once. That said, it wasn't easy and I was still sweating like a pig.  Today I was able to do more of the advanced moves instead of sticking to the beginner program. I'm making progress!

Day 5: Let's start with the fact I wasn't at all in the mood to do the shred today. Not one little bit of me wanted to get going. Push-ups proved to be difficult today, might be because one of my arms is really sore from the flu shot. I pushed through but I probably didn't do as many as I usually do. All in all, good workout, I've got a nice healthy glow going and I'm half way through level 1!

Conclusion: This workout is tough, I exercise a fair amount and this makes my sweat each and every day. It has gotten a bit easier as I go along. It's been an interesting change as rarely worked out two work days in a row and here I am exercising everyday.  Different exercises bother me more than others depending on the day.  I will keep with it and report in on the next 5 days, which will take me to the completion of level 1!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls