"Italian Style" Chicken Meatballs



I rarely like chicken subbing extra lean ground beef when it comes to meatballs but I realize I need to branch out a little bit and add some variety to my diet. I saw a few recipes but all of them I liked part of but not as a whole.  So with that, I kind of mashed a few of the ideas together and made my own recipe. They turned out great!
  • 500g package of ground chicken
  • 1/4 cup Breadcrumbs of your choice (I used regular/plain)
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
  • 1/4 cup Basil, finely chopped
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
Take all the ingredients, except the chicken and breadcrumbs, and mix it up.  Then add breadcrumbs and chicken to mixture.  Roll into balls. This recipe makes 20 meatballs. Put the oven at 375*F and cook in a pyrex dish for 30-35 minutes depending on your oven.  You can then add them to any sauce of your choice right away or freeze them to eat at a later date.

Calorie count: 31 calories/meatball.  Pretty darn good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls