A Big Bag of Apples


It's been a little while since I've blogged. Things have been very busy!  I just wrapped up a fabulous girls weekend and figured I should get back at it. I promise to keep up with my blog this week!

On Friday, we decided to do one of the best things you can do in the fall - go apple picking!  We got some exercise in with walking up and down the rows of trees and enjoyed each others company.  We had a 20lb bag to with with apples and as I was carting around I thought to myself, how did I carry around that extra 28lbs? That bag of apples was pretty darn heavy and it weighs less than what I've already lost!

It's crazy how that bag of apples put my weight loss into perspective for me.  By the time I complete my journey I will lose at least two of those bags worth of weight.  When I think about it in terms of bags of apples, it seems impossible that I've already lost that much and will lose another full bag of them.

Now to figure out what healthy things I can make with my portion of the bag of apples. Nothing like fresh apples from an orchard.  Plus, now that I've lost all this weight and changed my diet, apples no longer make me sick, which makes me incredibly happy because it is one of my absolute favourite foods and I'm so happy to have it back in my life. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls