Some General Thoughts and Updates

This has definitely been one of those weeks were I feel like quitting. Not sure why, nothing in particular has happened but I am feeling like this week is just so hard.  Everyday has been a struggle.

Monday started as a great day when I weighed in, I'd lost 2lbs in a week and I felt like the end was within reach.  Then things changed. Probably due to a very stressful day outside of this journey, I was just feeling defeated.  I wanted to come home and just cook something I knew without a doubt I would enjoy and just forget about MyFitnessPal.  Unfortunately, I am not wired that way.  I did have a friend over so we did order pizza and have some wine but I didn't over do it.  I've come so far in the last 6 months and to throw it all away over a bad few days would be stupid..... but it has definitely put me back at odds with previous emotional eating.  Back to facing those issues which frankly I was able to ignore for a little while because I had an amazing summer without too much negativity or stress or anything to trigger me.  I've kept myself in line this week but it hasn't been easy. I guess this is something I will struggle with for life but I hope with time it at least gets easier.

Thanksgiving is also this weekend and it is my very first big "food" holiday. Honestly, I've been a little nervous about it. Luckily though, I've got an incredibly supportive family and I know they are making an effort to make sure there is food that is diet friendly and it means the world to me that they care so much that I enjoy Thanksgiving too.  I'll make sure to get a lot of extra exercise in this weekend so I can indulge a little as well.  I'm even making my healthy pumpkin pie so that I can enjoy dessert!

So enough of me being a debbie downer, here is some good news! I've been really feeling frumpy in my "too big" jeans that just weren't flattering. Feeling frumpy doesn't make you feel very attractive at all.  I decided that since Old Navy had their jeans on sale for 40% off, it was worth just buying a pair so that I feel better about myself.  As every woman knows, jeans are just one of those things that have to fit absolutely perfectly.   I haven't really done much clothing shopping while on this diet, I've only purchased necessary items. Well, I fit into one size smaller! The Sweetheart jeans there which give a little extra room in the hip and butt don't work for me anymore, I had to change to The Flirt which is a more standard cut.  I haven't fit into this size since grade 12!!! Even though I still have 14.5 pounds to lose, my body is back to close to the same size I was trying to reach with my goal weight. I guess the exercise has done it's job at turning some fat to muscle and shaping me in a way that even though I weigh more, I wear the same size I set as my goal.

I hope anyone else reading this and working on losing weight or getting in shape is staying positive and taking it one day at a time. I'm definitely trying! This week is just not one of the better ones for me but I'm sure it will turn itself around soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

30 Day Shred

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls